In light of the Stage 4 COVID19 restrictions for metropolitan Melb and Stage 3 for regional Vic, the construction start requirement for the Federal Govt $25,000 Homebuilders Scheme grant has been extended by 3 months.
This means that construction can now commence within 6 months of signing a homebuild contract. Details of this recent extension can be found at: https://www.sro.vic.gov.au/homebuilder-grant-guidelines.
This $25,000 grant is available to eligible individuals (not just first home buyers) wishing to build a new home. Key eligibility criteria includes:
– Owner occupiers applying as individuals, not a company or a trust.
– Australian citizen and over 18yrs of age.
– Individuals earning under $125,000 p.a or couples earning under $200,000 p.a.
– Enter into a building contract before Dec 31 2020.
– Build works must commence within 6 months of the contract date.
– Building a new home as a principle place of residence valued up to $750,000 (including land).
– Building work must be undertaken by a licensed building contractor.
Give us a call on 0437 514 588 or drop in for a chat with our team at our Coach Rd Sales Office (operating in accordance with COVIDsafe protocols), to discuss this grant and additional First Home Buyer savings, along with over $20,000 worth of developer offers; including a free site-cut for your house and garage pad.